While texting, owners of the Google Pixel smartphone sometimes notice that some emojis don’t appear on their keyboards. With emojis proving nearly as important as letters of the alphabet during modern conversations, the missing of emojis proves annoying. Needless to say, “why won’t my emojis work on my Android?” is the topic of many talks among Google Pixel users.
Emojis Not Showing Up: Hints
Update The Smartphone
To gain access to all the available emojis, it is necessary to update your smartphone to the latest version of its operating system. Here is how to achieve this:
- Step 1: Open Settings.
- Step 2: Scroll downwards and tap System.
- Step 3: In the emerging menu, choose System update.
- Step 4: Your Google Pixel will reveal its update status. In case there is an available update, the device will reveal an installation option.
- Step 5: Approve the download.
- Step 6: After the download process is completed, restart your Google Pixel.
- Step 7: Open the Messaging app and type in emojis to view if the problem has been fixed.
Use A Matching Messaging Application
There are thousands of messaging apps which are capable of sending emojis. If you chat with contacts that don’t use the same messaging app as yours, some of the emojis they send won’t show up right on your phone and vice versa. Thus, during discussions about “why won’t my emojis work on my Android”, people mention message app from time to time.
- Step 1: Ask the recipient to share the name and details of the messaging app which they are using.
- Step 2: Start Google Play in your Google Pixel and search for the app.
- Step 3: Upon finding it, download and install it.
- Step 4: Activate the app and tap on the emoji icon on your keyboard.
- Step 5: View and use the emojis provided there to send messages.
The Gboard is a purpose-built virtual keyboard that delivers multiple functions including emoji searching, glide typing, handwriting, Google Translate and predictive text. It provides a huge variety of emojis for use in the Google Pixel. By activating Gboard, you could solve your emoji problem.
- Step 1: Start the messaging app on your smartphone.
- Step 2: Tap on the dialog box where text can be entered.
- Step 3: Touch and hold the Globe at the bottom of the keyboard.
- Step 4: Tap on the Gboard option.
- Step 5: Use the Gboard to search for the emojis of your choice.
In case the Gboard is not visible as an option, this facility can be restored by adding it to your list of keyboards. This can be accomplished in the following way:
- Step 1: Open the Settings.
- Step 2: Tap on System and then Languages and input.
- Step 3: Tap on Virtual keyboard and then Manage keyboards.
- Step 4: Activate the Gboard.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much storage is available in the Google Pixel 6 and 6 Pro?
The Google Pixel 6 has a Random Access Memory (RAM) of 8GB while the Google Pixel 6 Pro has a Random Access Memory (RAM) of 12GB. Notably, the capacity of the internal storage of Google Pixel 6 ranges from 128GB to 256GB. On the other hand, the capacity of the internal storage of Google Pixel 6 Pro ranges from 128GB to 512GB.
How good is the camera of Google Pixel 6 Pro?
Numerous photography enthusiasts regard the Google Pixel 6 Pro as having the best camera in the world. This smartphone has a 50-megapixel camera supported by 12-megapixel ultra-wide lenses. It also has a 48-megapixel telephoto zoom which is capable of 4x magnification.
How long does this smartphone last on a single charge?
The Google Pixel 6 would stay up for approximately 14 hours and 8 minutes on a single charge. On the other hand, the Google Pixel 6 Pro lasts for 13 hours and 13 minutes after a full charge.
What is the battery capacity on the Google Pixel?
The Google Pixel 6 has a battery capacity of 4, 614 mAh while the Google Pixel 6 Pro has a battery capacity of 5,003 mAh.
Which material is used to manufacture these smartphones?
The Google Pixel 6 and 6 Pro are both made of aluminum.
Tips And Tricks
- Stay updated on weather as well as daily schedule by using the At A Glance widget. Located at the top of your Google Pixel’s home screen, this widget presents information such as the date, day, upcoming appointments, weather conditions, fitness activity, temperature and bedtime information.
- The home screen of your smartphone can be rotated to facilitate operating your device in the landscape orientation. This feature can be activated by long-pressing on the Home Screen wallpaper and tapping on the Home Settings. After that, toggle the switch next to Allow home screen rotation. After that, the Google Pixel’s User Interface (UI) will rotate along with your screen when the phone is placed horizontally.
- To check your notifications quickly, simply double tap on the Google Pixel’s screen. This feature can be activated in the Moves section of your smartphone under System Settings.
- The fingerprint scanner can be transformed into a conveniently placed Home Button by using a third-party app known as Fingerprint Gestures.
- Activate the Live Wallpapers on your Google Pixel for an amazing array of dynamic images that change according to the time of day and prevalent weather. All you have to do to activate them is to touch and hold Home screen then select Wallpapers.