There’s no doubt that once it comes to graphics cards, NVIDIA is one of the top brands at the moment. To get the most of NVIDIA graphics cards, PC gamers nowadays usually download and install GeForce Experience, a companion program. Featuring a user-friendly interface, GeForce Experience allows people to use graphics cards to their full potential. Nonetheless, GeForce Experience still runs into errors on occasions and “unable to start NVIDIA update service due to error HRESULT E_FAIL” is one of them.
GeForce Experience (GFE) of NVIDIA is a program and programs could become corrupted out of the blue. Hence, if you come across the “unable to start NVIDIA update service due to error HRESULT E_FAIL” error, give corruption some thought.
In case you don’t know, if the driver of your graphics card is incompatible with your version of GFE, expect a lot of errors. On the bright side, you don’t have to do much to resolve the incompatibility between graphics card driver and GFE.
Incomplete Dataset In The Target Database
The HRESULT E_FAIL error is usually the result of a call to the COM component. The error indicates that the source data does not have enough information to fill in all the required fields in the Target database. Therefore, the error is going to vanish as soon as you address the dataset issues.
“Unable To Start NVIDIA Update Service Due To Error HRESULT E_FAIL:” Advice
Reinstall GeForce Experience
Regarding the “unable to start NVIDIA update service due to error HRESULT E_FAIL” your best bet is to reinstall GeForce Experience. To do so, go through the steps down below:
- Step 1: Go to Search bar, type appwiz.cpl and hit Enter. If the User Account Control (UAC) prompt emerges, click Yes to grant Administrator rights.
- Step 2: In Programs and Features, hit Publisher column to sort all applications based on their publishers.
- Step 3: Scroll through the list, locate NVIDIA GeForce Experience from NVIDIA Corporation, right-click it and select Uninstall.
- Step 4: Follow the instructions and restart your computer after the uninstallation concludes.
- Step 5: When the screen comes back on, launch your web browser, visit the NVIDIA website and Download the latest version of GeForce Experience.
- Step 6: The moment the download wraps up, double-click the installer and follow the instructions to initiate the installation.
- Step 7: Launch GeForce Experience and see how things turn out.
Uninstall And Reinstall Driver
Generally speaking, nine times of out ten, the HRESULT E_FAIL error would appear if the graphics card driver won’t work with GFE. To bring things back to normal, it is necessary to uninstall and reinstall the NVIDIA graphics card driver.
- Step 1: Go to Search bar, type Device Manager and hit Enter.
- Step 2: In Device Manager window, expand Display Adapters, right-click your NVIDIA graphics card and select Properties.
- Step 3: Navigate to Driver tab, select Uninstall, check the checkbox next to Delete the driver software for this device and choose OK
- Step 4: Wait until the uninstallation completes.
- Step 5: Restart the computer, relaunch GeForce Experience and determine whether the result persists.
Note: Alternatively, you could uninstall your NVIDIA driver, download the latest driver from NVIDIA and install it.
- Step 1: Open the Download page for NVIDIA drivers.
- Step 2: Enter all the details from the graphic card to operating system then click Search.
- Step 3: Scan the result, locate the driver you need, select it and choose Download.
- Step 5: Once the driver is downloaded, open it and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Step 6: As you reach Installation options screen, hit Custom (Advanced).
- Step 7: Click Next to view a list of installed components.
- Step 8: Choose Perform a clean installation.
- Step 9: Click Next to start the installation.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do NVIDIA GPUs work?
NVIDIA GPUs accelerate the processing of graphical data by engaging multiple pieces of data at the same time. As a result, GPUs made by NVIDIA excel in video editing, machine learning and gaming.
Do I need the NVIDIA GeForce Experience (GFE)?
NVIDIA GeForce Experience is an application designed for NVIDIA GPU that keeps the graphics card’s drivers updated, optimizes gaming settings and so on.
Can I manipulate NVIDIA GPU’s settings?
Users can tweak the graphics card’s control panel to perform universal GPU settings. Depending on the requirements, people can configure settings for specific games, activate 3D optimization, force a specific screen resolution, configure multiple displays, adjust color presentation, etc.
How often should I update NVIDIA drivers?
NVIDIA drivers should be updated once every six months. However, it may be necessary to update them sooner while playing new games that demand the latest driver.
Tips And Tricks
- NVIDIA GeForce Experience (GFE) provides Game Ready drivers which tackle post-development bugs and boost the performance of brand new games.
- By using the GFE Control Panel, you can deduce your gaming rig’s optimum system settings and set them. All you have to do is to hit the Optimize icon.
- Looking to impress your gaming buddies? Use the Shadowplay feature. Shadowplay is built into the NVIDIA GeForce Experience and it enables DVR-style Instant Replay, broadcasting, recording, screenshot capture, …
- Keep track of your best gaming moments with the Shadowplay Highlights. The feature automatically recognizes and records your achievement whenever you eliminate difficult bosses or execute an impressive killstreak.
- For even clearer graphics rendering, take advantage of NVIDIA Freestyle to apply Instagram-like filters during gaming sessions. The filters optimize the video saturation, color and High Definition (HD) presentation!