“Unable to load directory results” Skype is usually an indication of unstable connection to Skype servers caused by less than ideal Internet connection, poorly configured firewall settings and server issues. To bring things back to normal, you should take a look at the Internet connection. Depending on the situation, it’s wise to reset router, tweak firewall settings, sign out of Skype and sign back in, etc.
All in all, router plays a key role in the establishment and maintenance of connection to the Internet. If the router is working as expected, you could effectively and efficiently use apps that require Internet connection like Skype. On the other hand, if the router experience issues, there is a good chance that Skype would go haywire.
By monitoring traffic in and out of computers, firewall ensures that malware won’t give Windows problems. That being said, it’s not uncommon for firewall to overreact and get in the way of the performance of apps. Hence, once it comes to “Unable to load directory results” Skype, you should give firewall some thought. On the bright side, if the firewall is at fault, there is no need to do much.
Like its contemporaries, Skype implements a series of measures to keep its servers online but server crash is not unheard of. Unable to make use o Skypes and its utilities out of the blue? In that case, you should take servers into account.
Generally speaking, Skype works well for most of the time but it’s still an app and apps could act up. That is why if you come across “Unable to load directory results” on Skype, add hiccups to your list of suspects.
Solution 1: Check Out Internet Connection
In the beginning, determine whether your router is in working order by taking a glance at the light indicators of the router. If the router is offline, you need to turn it on but if the router is already one, perform a restart. Besides that, it’s wise to move obstacles away from the router to increase signal reception.
Note: Your computer is a laptop? In that case, you should reset the network adapter as soon as possible.
- Step 1: Go to Search bar, type devmgmt.msc then press Enter to open Device Manager.
- Step 2: Locate your network adapter, right-click it and pick and pick Properties.
- Step 3: Go to Driver tag, hit Disable Device, wait for a moment and hit Enable Device.
Solution 2: Reconfigure Firewall Settings
- Step 1: Go to the Search bar, type Control Panel and press Enter.
- Step 2: Locate Windows Firewall, pick it and click on Allow a program or feature through the Windows Firewall.
- Step 3: Hit Change Settings.
- Step 4: Check the checkbox next to Skype then save your changes.
- Step 5: Restart your computer
Solution 3: Sign Out Of Skype And Sign Back In
To log out of Skype, choose your profile picture in the top-left corner of the screen and select “Log out”. Once you’ve logged out, you can log back in and see how things turn out.
Note: To be thorough, you should consider clearing the Skype cache.
- Step 1: Quit Skype.
- Step 2: Press the Win + R keys to open Run, type %appdata% and hit OK. Next, find the Skype folder then delete it.
- Step 3: Press the Win + R keys to open Run, type %temp% and hit OK. Next, find the Skype folder and delete it.
- Step 4: Restart your computer.
How do I get to update Skype?
Usually, Skype would tell you if an update is available so you could download and install it. To update Skype manually, launch your web browser, go to the Skype website and get the latest version.
Is Skype Lite different from the original Skype?
In a nutshell, Skype Lite is a version of Skype designed for those that gave slow Internet connections. Skype Lite uses less data than the original Skype and it is optimized for use on mobile devices. Finally, Skype Lite also incorporates new features such as data usage tracking, SD data storage and so on.
Where can I see my Skype ID?
Your Skype ID is the username you use to sign in to Skype. You should see it in the top-right corner of the Skype window next to your name. If you’re signed out of Skype, you can also see it on the Skype login screen.
Do I have to pay to use Skype?
The service is free for one-on-one calls but there are fees for other features: group calls, landline calls and so on. Furthermore, Skype offers premium subscriptions that provide additional unlimited calls, call recording, …
Tips And Tricks
- Use the arrow up button on Skype to edit your last sent message.
- Make calls directly from your Skype contact list by double-clicking on contacts.
- Turn on keyword notification to get a popup message whenever someone shares messages containing your keywords of interest.
- For ease of convenience, enable shortcut keys for frequently used functions.