Nowadays, Xbox One gamers could choose from multiple headsets but in terms of all-around performance, few prove as good as Turtle Beach. Filled with features, Turtle Beach gives a good account of themselves in quite a few settings. Still, Turtle Beach remains far from perfect which is why reports about Turtle Beach headset not working Xbox One appear every now and then. With their headset acting up, Xbox One gamers would experience many problems from communication lag to losing the ability to interact with other players altogether.
How Come The Turtle Beach Headset Isn’t Working On Xbox One
Turtle Beach headsets usually come in two types: wired and wireless.
Some of the reasons why you may be unable to hear sound on a wired Turtle Beach headset include a faulty cable and low volume settings. You may also encounter this problem with the wireless option when it is not fully charged, or when there’s a synching issue between your Turtle Beach headset and Xbox One. If the mic of your Turtle Beach headset is not working, it may be due to the sound settings, microphone settings, or corrupted or outdated audio drivers.
Getting Turtle Beach Headset Back To Work: Guidelines
Depending on the causes of the problem, there are various solutions you can try once it comes to Turtle Beach headset not working Xbox One. They vary between doing simple audio adjustments to installing audio drivers or performing a factory reset.
When you can’t hear sound on your Turtle Beach headset, try the following:
Take A look At The Cable
The cable connecting your Turtle Beach headsets to the pre-amp is designed to fit very snugly. However, sometimes it can get loose, resulting in sound issues. One of the first things to do when your Turtle Beach headset is not working on Xbox One should be checking whether the cable is pushed in correctly.
Turn Up The Headset’s Volume
Another important consideration regarding Turtle Beach headset not working Xbox One is the volume. Some users have found increasing the headset’s volume to have worked. However, if this is the case, chances are that your headset is not in very good shape and it may be time to consider making a new purchase.
Recharge Your Headset
Your wireless Turtle Beach headset may fail to work if it is not fully charged.This is one of the easiest problems to deal with. Just recharge it and you’re good to go! For your information, your wireless headset usually gives a warning when it needs to be recharged. Hence, it’s always a good idea to keep an eye out for battery warning and plug in your headset to restore its charge level.
Look For Interferences Between Your Headset And Xbox One
Synching issues are common when using wireless devices and may result in your headset not working properly. One of the most common causes for synching issues when using the Turtle Beach headset occurs is interference. To solve this issue follow the steps below.
- Step 1: Check if there’s any metal getting in the way and causing interference.
- Step 2: Move closer to your Xbox One to reduce the distance between your headset and the console.
- Step 3: Check if there’s anything else that may be causing the interference and remove it.
When others can’t hear you from your Turtle Beach headset, try the following:
Unmute Your Headset
When others can’t fear you from your Turtle Beach headset, check if your headset is muted. This is usually one of the most clear-cut ways to get your headset working again. Your headset’s mic is on mute if it is flipped backwards. To unmute it, simply flip the mic forward.
Power Cycle Your Xbox One
Sometimes, all you need to do to get your headset back to work is to power cycle your Xbox One once. To perform a power cycle, do the following:
- Step 1: Unplug your Turtle Beach headset and turn off your console.
- Step 2: Deactivate the USB cable linking your controller and unplug your Xbox One from the wall outlet.
- Step 3: Wait for a few minutes then plug in your Xbox One to the wall outlet.
- Step 4: Turn on your Xbox One and enter your profile. If your profile signs up automatically, sign out then register.
- Step 5: Connect your profile with your Turtle Beach headset. This should get your headset working.
Update The Headset’s Drivers
Updating the drivers can be a very quick and effective way to deal with Turtle Beach headset not working Xbox One. This can be done manually or automatically via the Internet. If you wish to automatically update the drivers, then you might need the help of a software such as “Driver Easy”. However, if you wish to manually update the drivers, follow the steps below:
- Step 1: Navigate to the official Turtle Beach website and check the latest drivers for your device.
- Step 2: Select your headset model and follow the prompts on your screen to complete the driver update.
Perform A Factory Reset
You’ll need a computer to restore your Turtle Beach headset to factory settings. To perform a factory reset do the following.
- Step 1: Download and install Turtle Beach Audio Hub on your computer.
- Step 2: Use a micro USB cable to connect your headset to your computer then open the Turtle Beach Audio Hub APP.
- Step 3: Select the “Restore” option to the left of your screen right below your headset’s image.
- Step 4: Confirm that you wish to restore your Turtle Beach headset to the default factory settings. This should initiate the factory reset process.
- Step 5: Once the factory reset is complete, connect your Turtle Beach headset to Xbox One and check if it’s working.
How do I test my Turtle Beach microphone on Xbox One
Navigate to Settings > Kinect and Devices > Devices and Accessories then select the relevant option. Find the controller you’re currently using and check whether any other devices are being used together with the console. Your Turtle Beach headset should appear in the list under the label “headset”. Speak to the mic to check if it’s working.
Why am I hearing myself on my Turtle Beach headset?
You may hear yourself on your Turtle Beach headset if your mic’s playback through the headset speakers.
How do I disable parental controls on Xbox One?
To disable parental controls on your Xbox One, navigate to User Accounts & Family Safety > Parental Controls > Off. This should disable any active parental controls.
Tips And Tricks
- Update your Xbox One from time to time.
- Always ensure your Xbox One controller is assigned to your profile.
- Clean the headphone jack regularly.