Published by Microsoft, Sunset Overdrive is an action and adventure third-person shooter game set in 2027 within a fictional metropolis known as Sunset City. Unfortunately, many players note that Sunset Overdrive won’t launch on Steam. Due to this problem, they are unable to experience its attractive graphics, unique outfits, wall-running, zip-lines and grind rails. Thankfully, we have multiple solutions that can be implemented to play Sunset Overdrive and fight against Overcharged Drinkers (OD) while experiencing the exciting story.
The Impact Of “Sunset Overdrive Won’t Launch” On Steam?
The Microsoft exclusive Sunset Overdrive game is quite popular on Steam. However, it does not always launch as expected. Players log into their Steam accounts and click play on Sunset Overdrive. The game loads and proceeds to synchronize but nothing occurs beyond that. This leaves gamers frustrated because they cannot enjoy this action packed game. Fortunately, we have a collection of solutions which you can use to play this game.
Why Sunset Overdrive Won’t Launch
Many players notice that Sunset Overdrive will not launch on Steam. After activating the game, it loads and synchronizes but does not proceed. Even if your computer system meets all the minimum system requirements, this game does not load for you to play. Interestingly, Sunset Overdrive on Steam does not provide an error message. It simply reverts back to the main menu. This forces the player to repeat the activation process again in vain.
How To Fix The Problem Of Sunset Overdrive Won’t Launch
Adjust Your Antivirus Software
Surprisingly, this Sunset Overdrive game can fail to load on Steam because of your antivirus software. As a matter of fact, the Avast antivirus has been found to be notorious for causing this interference. Here is how to fix this problem:
- Step 1: Open your antivirus software.
- Step 2: Add Sunset Overdrive to the exception list. If possible add the entire Steam folder to this list.
- Step 3: Save your changes.
- Step 4: Activate Sunset Overdrive on Steam again.
The procedure described above will restore smooth operation of the Sunset Overdrive game on Steam. However, if it does not deliver the expected result, simply disable the antivirus software before launching this game.
Check The Task Manager
An interesting reason for the Sunset Overdrive won’t launch as expected is because it is already running in the background. While this is a rare problem, it is valid and can cause this action game not to launch as expected. As such, it is always advisable to check the Task Manager using the following process:
- Step 1: Activate Task Manager in your computer.
- Step 2: Navigate to the Processes tab and select it.
- Step 3: Search for the Sunset Overdrive process.
- Step 4: After finding this specific process, select and terminate it.
- Step 5: Save your changes and shut down Task Manager.
- Step 6: Restart Sunset Overdrive again and experience a successful launch.
Check The Video Game’s Files
The Sunset Overdrive video game can fail to proceed successfully because of a file that is missing. If you are experiencing this problem, it is advisable to check the video game’s files using the guidelines below:
- Step 1: Right click on the Sunset Overdrive game on Steam.
- Step 2: Navigate and select the Properties option.
- Step 3: Search for the command titled “Verify integrity of game files” and click upon it.
- Step 4: Steam will analyze all the game’s files and inform you of any missing files.
- Step 5: If there are some files that are absent from the game’s repositories, re-install Sunset Overdrive.
- Step 6: After the installation process is complete, start the game and play.
Frequently Asked Questions
1/ Why am I experiencing Sunset Overdrive won’t launch on Steam?
This problem can emerge if your antivirus software is blocking the game. Also, this launching problem will emerge if the Sunset Overdrive video game is already running in your computer’s background. In addition to that, this issue can occur recurrently if the game title has some missing files.
2/ Which antivirus software prevents Sunset Overdrive from operating properly?
All antivirus software tools can prevent Sunset Overdrive from loading, launching and running smoothly on the Steam gaming platform. Notably, Avast antivirus is the most notorious for causing this problem.
3/ How can the launch problem of this video game be solved?
The Sunset Overdrive won’t launch problem can be fixed by disabling your antivirus or terminating its background process in the Task Manager. A complete, comprehensive reinstallation can also solve this issue.
4/ Will this Steam video game resume problems after applying these fixes?
No. It will operate smoothly going forward.
5/ What should I do if the recommended solutions do not work?
The solutions described above will work. If they do not, simply update your computer system to the recommended minimum qualities that are required to play Sunset Overdrive.
Tips And Tricks
- When you start up Sunset Overdrive on Steam and it does not launch, check if it is already running in the background by activating your Task Manager.
- Your antivirus can cause this game to exhibit substantial difficulty with launching.
- In case your antivirus is causing problems that result in Sunset Overdrive won’t launch, simply add the Sunset Overdrive folder to the exception list or completely disable your antivirus software.
- Sunset Overdrive can fail to launch on Steam due to missing files.
- Should you experience launching problems of the Sunset Overdrive video game title on Steam, use the Properties function to analyze its file structure to find out if there are missing files.
- It is necessary to conduct a complete reinstallation if there are any files missing from your Sunset Overdrive game.
- After applying these solutions, your Sunset Overdrive video game will run smoothly on Steam resulting in permanent, positive results.