In layman’s terms, quite a few things affect the gaming experience but not many prove as influential as the headset. From situational awareness to communication between teammates, headset plays a key role in various aspects of gaming so people must look for a solid model. At the moment, in terms of all-around performance, Sades SA 708 is one of the top headsets on the market. Of course, nothing is perfect and it’s not uncommon for gamers to notice Sades SA 708 mic not working in the midst of gaming sessions.
Sades SA 708 Mic Won’t Work: Causes
Loose Connection Or Damaged Port
All in all, Sades SA 708 only works if it’s securely connected to the computer and the port it uses is undamaged. Unable to use Sades SA 708 mic? Then it’s strongly recommended that you take a look at the connection as well as the port.
To use the microphone of Sades SA 708, you have to set the headset as the default recording device. If you don’t do so, your computer won’t recognize the microphone of Sades SA 708 even though you can still hear through it.
To keep everything working on your PC, you need to update drivers from time to time. If you allow drivers to go out of date, it’s only natural for issues to pop up. In the case of Sades SA 708 mic not working, there is a chance that the obsolescence of audio drivers is responsible.
In case you don’t know, Windows updates sometimes complicate the operations of devices including headsets. If you have updated your Windows OS a short while ago, the update may not support the Sades SA 708.
How To Get Sades SA 708 Mic Working Again
Unplug And Replug:
Similar to its contemporaries, Sades SA 708 could run into hiccups every now and then. To get rid of the hiccups, all you have to do is unplug and replug the headset.
Set Sades SA 708 As Default Device
- Step 1: Press Windows + I to open Settings, hit Systems, and choose Sound
- Step 2: Scroll down to Input and set Choose your input device as Sades SA 708
- Step 3: Close Settings then determine whether the mic of your head is up
- Step 1: Go to the search bar, type Device Manager then hit enter
- Step 2: Expand Sound, Video, and Game controllers, right-click the drivers, and select Properties
- Step 3: Go to the Driver tab then hit Update driver
- Step 4: Select Search automatically for updated driver software and follow the instructions
- Step 5: After the update wraps up, restart your computer
Run The Troubleshooter:
Windows packs a built-in troubleshooter to deal with issues that involve audio. If you notice Sades SA 708 mic not working, you should run it.
- Step 1: Go to the search bar, type Troubleshoot then hit enter
- Step 2: Select Additional troubleshooters, choose Recording Audio, and click Run
- Step 3: Allow the troubleshooter to run from start to finish then choose to Apply this fix
- Step 1: Press Windows + I to open Settings
- Step 2: Go to Update & Security then hit View update history
- Step 3: Click Uninstall updates to open a list of all the updates on the system
- Step 4: Select the updates you want to undo, ideally the most recent ones
- Step 5: Click the uninstall button on the toolbar and follow the instructions on the screen
It is best to restart your PC once the uninstallation concludes. Afterward, check to see if the mic is functioning as expected.
Pick Up A Replacement
If none of the above helps, maybe you need to look for a headset replacement. You can either opt for the same model or try out something new.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Do I Allow Apps To Access My Microphone?
- Step 1: Go to Start – Settings – Privacy – Microphone
- Step 2: Click the Change button for microphone access
- Step 3: Under the ‘Allow apps to access your microphone’ turn it on
Which brands make the best gaming headsets?
Some of the best brands for gaming headsets with integrated mics include Razer, SteelSeries, HyperX, Logitech, Sennheiser, and Corsair. Still, you should at least read a couple of reviews prior to making up your mind.
Is Splitter For Headsets Necessary?
A headset splitter is an audio accessory that lets you pair multiple headphones simultaneously on a single device. It is good if you want to listen to audio together with your friends, or if you are playing together.
Tips And Tricks
- Ensure you keep the jack sockets clean on your system. Too much dirt and dust can prevent the transmission of electric signals and cause the mic to not work
- If you have other apps open that use the headset microphone such as Zoom or any other similar apps, close them.
- If you wear glasses get velour pads for your gaming headsets that have additional eyewear channels in the ear pads. It helps you with the bass.
- Try picking a headset with a detachable microphone – the maneuverability can really come in handy at times.