Released by Bungie in 2017, Destiny 2 possesses everything that people expect from an online FPS game. Needless to say, Destiny 2 is able to keep people entertained for hours at a time with its characters, mechanics and so on. However, several users have noticed problems on occasions and problem reading game content Destiny 2 is the topic of various complaints. In the case that you experience the same error, this article is going to be of use to you.
A List Of Possibilities
Corrupt User Profile And Local Save
Your profile data can be corrupted in several ways: sudden shutdown, improper existing of programs, or any other interruption of your computer from normal operation. Also, local saves could have been infected with malware during installation and affect your gaming experience as a result.
Outdated Operating System
Obsolescence leaves operating systems vulnerable to quite a few problems and that means your gaming experience suffers. In fact, an outdated OS may lead to corruption of your local save or profile data in the first place.
Faulty External Attachments
Attaching faulty external attachments like scanners, monitors, hard disks and flash drives could result in the “problem reading game content Destiny 2” error. With faulty attachments messing up the performance of computers, it’s natural for games to act up.
Obsolete Game Version
If you are playing an old version of Destiny 2, you will most likely run into problems here and there including h problems reading game content. If there was an error from the developer’s side, other gamers will complain and it will be fixed in the latest versions. Hence, it’s essential to keep the game up-to-date.
Reinstall The Game
Once it comes to problem reading game content Destiny 2, re-installation should be the first fix to try since no data will be lost. Reinstalling the game gives a fresh copy of all the files which means the corrupt ones would be eliminated. All you have to do is to delete the current version of the game on your computer and download it again.
Rebooting your computer does not clear data from your device but will enable it to solve background processes causing a decrease in the speed of applications that are still running. It will shut down processes that are using up too much memory and re-initiate connection to networks. There are a number of methods to reboot your computer i.e. using start button, Using power button and using Ctrl + Alt + Delete keys.
To perform a reboot on your Windows PC using Ctrl + Alt + Delete keys:
- Step 1: Press and hold Ctrl + Alt + Delete keys at the same time
- Step 2: Release the keys and wait for a new menu to appear.
- Step 3: In the bottom right corner of the screen, click the Power icon.
- Step 4: Select restart and wait for your PC to perform a restart
Verify The Integrity Of Game Files
Damaged game files are a common cause of problem reading game content Destiny 2 and other games. Verifying the games files will be a good action to take before proceeding to other solutions. Here are steps to verify the integrity of games files on your computer.
- Step 1: Launch your Steam and click on the Library tab
- Step 2: Right-click Destiny 2 from the game list, and select Properties.
- Step 3: Select the local files tab, and click Verify Integrity of Game Files.
- Step 4: Leave your PC to detect and repair corrupt files
Use Another Account
If your user account data has been corrupted, you will have to try another user account. If you do not have another one then you can create one easily using the following simple steps.
- Step 1: Log out from the existing account then select Sign In.
- Step 2: Enter the email address you want to use for your account.
- Step 3: Enter the password you want to use for your account.
- Step 4: Use the drop-downs to select your Country/region and set your Birthdate.
- Step 5: Check your email for a verification code from Microsoft. Enter the code and select Next.
If the problem is caused by faulty external attachments, the solution to this is simple: turn off the computer then remove all attachments. Wait for a couple minutes and then plug in only the necessary attachments. Turn on your computer and check if the issue persists.
Update The Operating System
To have a good gaming experience, you will have to update your operating system. To update the OS on your PC, here are the simple steps.
- Step 1: Press the Windows button to open the guide and click Settings
- Step 2: Select Update & Security
- Step 3: Click on Windows Update then select Check on updates
- Step 4: Wait for Windows to finish looking for latest updates for your PC
- Step 5: After the search is over click on Install Updates
Note: When doing the system update, do not turn off your computer or let it run out of battery, this can cause corruption of the system and can be fixed by formatting your PC
While using your computer for gaming, you will need to update the drivers if they are out of date. There are many drivers on the net and you will have to check the reviews before downloading one. Run the installed driver and scan for any recent updates. If you find one then follow the necessary installation prompts.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I play Destiny 2 offline?
Unfortunately no, Destiny 2 is massively multiplayer online hence requires a network connection to play.
How much does Destiny 2 cost?
If you are completely new to Destiny 2 and want to have access to all content, you’re going to need to spend almost $60. The Forsaken Complete Edition is $25, and Shadowkeep is $35.
Is Destiny 2 worth playing right now?
If you’re still wondering if Destiny 2 is worth playing, we recommend it. While the current gameplay experience is tons of fun, it’s not without its flaws, and the free-to-play version is exceptionally basic.
Tips And Tricks
- Ensure your computer meets the minimum requirements before installation of a game
- Download games from official sites
- Regularly update your games
- Use Uninterruptible Power Supply on your console