At the moment, various users of the Google Pixel smartphone are complaining about pop up ads while texting. These ads appear randomly and mess up the messaging experience of many people. The advertisements emerge while using texting apps such as Instagram, Whatsapp and Google Chat. They even spring up when sending correspondence through Gmail.
How To Address Pop Up Ads While Texting
There are multiple solutions that can be used to stop pop up ads while texting. They include:
Boot Into Safe Mode
Some downloaded applications can cause your Google Pixel smartphone to display pop up ads while texting. These apps can be identified and removed by booting your device into Safe Mode using the following procedure:
If your Google Pixel device is on:
- Step 1: Press the Power button and hold it.
- Step 2: The Power Off icon will emerge. Press and hold it too.
- Step 3: The device will transition and the words “Safe Mode” will be presented at the bottom of the screen.
If your Google Pixel device is off:
- Step 1: Press the Power button on your smartphone.
- Step 2: Upon observing the animation, press and hold upon the volume Down button.
- Step 3: Keep holding the volume Down button until the animation is complete.
- Step 4: Your smartphone will boot up into Safe Mode.
- Step 5: Observe the words Safe Mode at the bottom of your display.
After entering Safe Mode, you should re-enable application one-by-one until you locate the app responsible for the pop-up ads. After removing the third-party app which was causing the pop up ads, restore your smartphone to normal working operation by simply restarting it again.
Perform A Factory Reset
A Factory Reset clears out your smartphone completely by eliminating your applications and files. In doing so, it purge your Google Pixel and removes the malware which causes issues such as pop up ads while texting. Naturally, it is one of the most comprehensive solutions for problems on Google Pixel. Always backup your contacts and files before conducting a Factory Reset. Here is how to perform a Factory Reset on a Google Pixel phone:
- Step 1: Go to Settings.
- Step 2: Click on System, choose Reset Options and select Erase all data (Factory Reset).
- Step 3: Proceed to click on Erase all data to eliminate all the information from your smart device’s internal storage. Your Google Pixel may ask for a PIN. Enter the code and then tap on Erase all data.
- Step 4: Your device will initiate the Factory Reset process then give you the option to restart. Go forward with the restart.
- Step 5: Set up your smartphone and restore any data that was backed up.
- Step 6: Test out the texting function to see if the pop up ads emerge again.
How To Prevent Pop Up Ads From Appearing
Pop up ads can cause us to send inaccurate information when texting. We can use these additional fixes to prevent them from appearing in our devices in the first place:
Use Play Protect in Google Play Store
- Step 1: Visit the Google Play Store on your device.
- Step 2: At the top right corner, click on the Profile Icon.
- Step 3: Select Play Protect and then point to Settings.
- Step 4: Turn on the option labeled Scan apps with Play Protect.
Doing so will run a security check on all the applications before they can be downloaded and installed in your Google Pixel smart device.
Block Pop Up Ads In Google Chrome
The default web browser in Google Pixel smartphones is Google Chrome. Therefore, the majority of Internet users choose to use it for browsing through the Internet. Notably, it has some built-in tools to block pop up ads. They can be activated in the following way:
- Step 1: Open up the Google Chrome browser in your smartphone.
- Step 2: Tap on the three dots located at the top right corner.
- Step 3: Select Settings and scroll down to Site Settings.
- Step 4: Locate Pop-ups and redirects and Ads.
- Step 5: Tap the above settings to ensure that the slider turns gray and the text indicates that Pop-ups and ads are blocked.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much Cloud storage is provided with a Google Pixel?
Owners of the Google Pixel can enjoy limitless Cloud storage facilities.
Can this smartphone be voice controlled?
Yes. The Google Pixel can be manipulated through simple voice commands using the Google Assistant feature.
What is Google Duo video conferencing and how does it work in the Google Pixel?
The Google Duo video conferencing is a feature where a smartphone owner can contact support and go through the troubleshooting process while viewing the assistant’s face on the device’s screen.
Is it possible for this smart device to recognize live music?
Yes. The Google Pixel can identify music playing nearby through the Now Playing facility.
For how long does a Google Pixel smartphone receive updates?
The minimum number of years which a Google Pixel can receive updates is 3 years.
Tips And Tricks
- The Google Pixel runs on the Android 12 operating system which can adjust the interface skin to match your active wallpaper. To utilize this feature, simply press and hold on a blank area within the Google Pixel 6 home screen. After that, tap Wallpaper & Style and then select Wallpaper colors. Scroll down until Themed icons and turn this feature on. The smartphone will now match its skin with your wallpaper for a uniform theme throughout your device.
- When traveling to countries with a different language from yours, use the Live Translate feature to convert your voice into a foreign language of your choice in real time.
- For movie-like videos, owners can use the Action Pan facility to keep a moving object in focus while blurring the surrounding area.
- Another outstanding video feature is the Long Exposure which blurs a specific moving object while sustaining the sharpness of the background.
- Professionals can keep track of their business notifications using the Notifications History feature of the Google Pixel 6. It maintains a history log of each recent alert by displaying the associated app as well as a minimized preview of the notification.