For your information, Microsoft designs Windows 10 to work with a couple of devices as soon as you establish connection (plug and play). If you connect your Windows 10 computers to keyboards, mouses and so on, you could use the devices without having to install anything. Still, while the use of plug-and-play devices is usually straightforward, it’s not free of issues. Take a look at this article if your computer displays a message that says “Plug And Play/Device Install Reboot Required” out of the blue.
“Plug And Play Device Install Reboot Required”: Solutions
Restart Plug And Play Service
Plug And Play Service is the service that manages the operation of plug-and-play devices. Thus, if you come across the “Plug And Play/Device Install Reboot Required” message, consider restarting Plug and Play.
- Step 1: Press Windows + R Key to open Run.
- Step 2: Type Services.msc then hit Enter to open Services.
- Step 3: In Services, locate Plug and Play, right-click it and select Stop.
- Step 4: After a few moments, right-click Plug and Play again then select Start.
Make Use Of Registry Editor
Registry Editor is a tool that allows Windows users to tweak aspects of the operating system. Naturally, every time Windows errors pop up, it’s a good idea to give Registry Editor a go.
- Step 1: Press Windows + R to open Run, type Regedit and hit Enter.
- Step 2: In the Registry Editor window, navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\WpnUserService then open it.
- Step 3: Double-click DWORD, change the value to 4 and click OK.
- Step 4: Restart your computer.
Apply Changes To Sign In Options
The Falls Creator Update (1709) for Windows 10 is well-known as a cause for the Plug And Play/Device Install Reboot Required message. On the bright side, all you have to do is to edit the Privacy section of your Sign In Options to return things to normal:
- Step 1: Press Windows + I to open Settings then choose Accounts.
- Step 2: Visit Sign In Options and scroll down to the Privacy section.
- Step 3: Look for Use my sign-in info to automatically finish setting up my device after an update or restart then change it from On to Off.
- Step 4: Restart your computer.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I create a copy of Windows 10 operating system?
The best method to create a copy of Windows 10 is to make a bootable USB flash drive. To do so, navigate to the Windows 10 installation media on the Microsoft website. Go to the section that says Create Windows 10 installation media, download the bootable flash drive creator tool and run it. On the last setup page, select the USB flash drive option. Note that your flash drive of choice must be at least 8 GB in size.
Is it possible to cut down the time it takes to boot up Windows 10 computers?
To accelerate the bootup process of Windows 10 PC, you should remove Terminate and Stay Resident (TSR) programs. To get rid of the programs, press and hold Ctrl + Shift + Esc to open Task Manager. Next, go to Startup tab, select a TSR program and click Disable. Repeat the process for each of the programs to stop them from running every time you turn on the computer.
How do I identify a specific Windows 10 version?
It is easy to know which version of Windows 10 your computer is using: Press Windows + R to open Run, type winver and hit Enter. About Windows is going to emerge and that window will contain the details of your Windows operating system including its version. The window will display the OS Build number as well.
What is the Windows Creators Update?
Creators Update is an update to the Windows 10 operating system first released in April 2017. To determine whether your computer is running Windows Creators Update, use the winver command in the Run to bring up details of your OS. If your machine is running version 1703 or higher, it possesses the Creators Update.
Is there a way to reset Windows 10 account passwords?
It is possible to reset your password if you cannot recall it. In the beginning, boot up your computer system in Safe Mode. In the next step, log in using the Administrator account. When prompted to provide a password, hit Enter and if that won’t work, follow the alternative method provided there. In any case, after getting into the computer, go to the Control Panel and click User Accounts. Choose the account whose password you want to edit and click on Change Password. Enter the new password and it will be assigned to your account.
Tips And Tricks
- An easy way to let visitors access the Internet in your home or office is through Wi-Fi Sense. Wi-Fi Sense is a feature in Windows 10 network settings and can be used to link devices or computers to your Wi-Fi without requiring sign-in. While they do not get to view the password, guests can log into your Wi-Fi and begin browsing as soon as they get within range.
- Many of the functions in the Control Panel are accessible in the Settings of Windows 10. To view them, you only need to look up Settings in the taskbar. That should reveal a collection of key system settings and you may configure them as you see fit.
- Users can link up smart devices to Windows 10 computers using a dedicated Phone Companion App. It permits iOS as well as Android devices to access Windows files and applications.
- To enhance the application interaction experience, Windows 10 enables users to run Metro apps in windowed or full-screen mode. Thus, users can switch between tablet or PC mode at the touch of a button.
- The Windows Creators Update enables users to enjoy a host of features. Some examples of these include Privacy, Paint 3D, Game Mode, the Night Light Setting and update deferring. They also include three and four-finger gestures on the touchpad, the Windows Holographic Shell and an e-books section in the Microsoft Store.