If Microsoft Sudoku won’t open out of the blue, it’s a good idea to run Windows Store Apps troubleshooter. In addition, you could reset app data, uninstall and reinstall, update Windows, etc. You don’t know how to carry out the solutions on your own? Then there is a good chance that you would find this article useful.
Microsoft Sudoku Not Opening: Possibilities
All in all, Microsoft Sudoku gives a good account in quite a few settings. Still, like other UWP (Universal Windows Platform) apps, Sudoku may act up every now and then. Thus, in the case that you have a hard time launching Sudoku, take hiccups into account. On the bright side, if Sudoku not opening is the result of hiccups, there is no need to do much.
In most of the cases Windows users don’t have to pay too much attention to app data. However, if app data gets corrupted, applications on Windows computers would go haywire and Microsoft Sudoku is not an exception. Sudoku won’t open regardless of the number of times you launch it? Then it’s strongly recommended that you give corruption some thought.
Generally speaking, if you neglect Windows updates, it’s only natural that the operating system would become obsolete. Obsolescence leads to many problems on Windows including apps not opening.
Run Windows Store Apps TRoubleshooter
- Step 1: Go to the search bar, type Troubleshoot and press Enter.
- Step 2: In Troubleshoot, click Additional troubleshooters.
- Step 3: Locate Windows Store Apps troubleshooter, select it and choose Run the troubleshooter.
- Step 4: Allow the process to go all the way. If the troubleshooter manages to identify the root cause, hit Apply this fix.
- Step 5: Restart your computer.
Reset App Data
- Step 1: Press Windows + X then click Apps & features.
- Step 2: Look to the right, scroll down and pick Microsoft Sudoku.
- Step 3: Proceed to hit Advanced options.
- Step 4: Head to Reset section then click Reset. Once prompted, you have to hit Reset again to confirm.
- Step 5: Restart your PC and attempt to launch the game again.
Note: Once it comes to Windows updates, make sure that you have a stable Internet connection. Aside from that, you should close all non-essential background processes via Task Manager.
- Step 1: Press Windows + I to open Settings.
- Step 2: Hit Check for updates in Windows Update.
- Step 3: If an update is available, allow Windows to download and install it.
- Step 4: The moment the update wraps up, restart your computer.
Uninstall And Reinstall
- Step 1: Press Windows + X then click Apps & features.
- Step 2: Look to the right, right-click Microsoft Sudoku, and pick Uninstall. Hit Uninstall one more time when prompted.
- Step 3: The moment the process completes, restart your PC.
- Step 4: As soon as the screen comes back, go to the search bar, type Microsoft Store and press Enter.
- Step 5: In Store, search for Microsoft Sudoku, choose it, and select Get. After the download finishes, open the game and determine whether the issue persists.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Can I Do When I Have Trouble with the Daily Challenge?
All challengers you meet each day are guaranteed to be solvable, but even the smartest of players get stuck. When that happens, post your challenge on any Microsoft Sudoku forums and community members will help you out.
To find game forums online, start on Reddit and then cross to other social media platforms. Within an hour of research, you’ll be in the right place, and you’ll have people to answer your challenge when you can’t do it alone.
Do I Need Internet to Play?
If you want to load Microsoft Sudoku in a place with no Internet, place the game into offline mode. However, keep in mind that some features won’t be available if you’re not connected to the Internet. But, when you earn an achievement, the data will be saved and synced into your account when you are connected to the Internet.
Does it Matter When I Launch the Game and I Can’t Sign in to Xbox Live?
Yes, it does. If you can’t log in, it means you won’t gain access to your achievements, game progress, and the data saved. So, troubleshoot the game app to circumvent the connectivity issues. Also, you can try checking your Internet because a connection issue will mostly arise from bad Wi-Fi.
How Come Sudoku Keep Freezing?
If Sudoku freezes from time to time, it’s possible that your PC doesn’t meet the minimum requirements of the game.
- OS: Windows 10 version 16299.0 or higher
- Architecture: X86 X64
- DirectX: Version 10 (Minimum)
Since the game is approximately 164.9 MB in size, you should ensure that you have enough hard drive space. Also, your RAM should be 4GB minimum. A good display screen is nice to have as well but not mandatory.
Tips And Tricks
- To complete a puzzle quickly, learn how to cut through the grid clutter. Also, keep an eye out for clues. Of course, considering the nature of Sudoku, you should solve puzzles where you won’t get distracted.
- The ideal way to solve a puzzle is to scan columns and rows within each triple-box area. During the process, eliminate squares or numbers and deduce combinations where only a single number can go into a single square.
- If you play Sudoku puzzles on newspapers, use a pencil to write numbers inside each square to note down the possibilities. By doing so, you could analyze combinations and deduce which numbers go where. Aside from that, if you mess up, you could always erase the numbers.
- Some areas on the grid will require you to place other digits in other places before solving them. As that is the case, the game of Sudoku becomes a puzzle of momentum, and you shouldn’t lose your groove. Once you start placing digits in the spaces, it will become apparent that you can fill the other empty cells in a cascading manner.