Microsoft Solitaire is always a safe bet once it comes to killing time on Windows computers and the daily challenge helps keep the game interesting. In most of the cases, Windows users could play the daily challenge in Microsoft Solitaire as soon as they turn it on. That being said, reports about Microsoft daily challenge download error still show up from time to time. If the same error is giving you a hard time, this article may be able to help you out.
In layman’s terms, Microsoft Solitaire is an app and apps could act up out of the blue. Hence, if you come across Microsoft daily challenge download error, you should give hiccups some thought.
In the course of operation, Microsoft Solitaire will generate temporary files. The operating system will store the temporary files and use them to speed up the operations of Solitaire. Assuming that the temporary files work as expected, Microsoft Solitaire should experience many problems in use and Microsoft daily challenge download error is among them.
Microsoft Daily Challenge Download Error: Fixes
Reset Microsoft Solitaire
For your information, resetting Microsoft Solitaire will restore its default settings. Because of that, following the reset, the game will behave exactly like it did when it was installed for the first time on your Windows computer. Resetting in essence has the same effect as uninstalling and reinstalling the application. However, the reset process is automatic and concludes in mere moments.
- Step 1: Open Settings, select Apps and choose Apps & features.
- Step 2: Scroll down to Microsoft Solitaire Collection, click it and pick Advanced options.
- Step 3: Locate Reset, hit it and wait until the process wraps up.
- Step 4: Close Settings, launch Microsoft Solitaire and see how things turn out.
Remove Temporary Files
You suspect that the Microsoft daily challenge download error is the work of temporary files? In that case, don’t hesitate to get rid of the temporary files at the earliest opportunity.
- Step 1: Open Start menu then hit the gear icon to open Settings.
- Step 2: Choose System and select Storage.
- Step 3: Pick This PC then hit Temporary Files.
- Step 4: Hit Temporary Files and click Remove Files
- Step 5: Restart your computer.
Frequently Asked Questions
What do I get for playing daily challenges?
Completing Microsoft daily challenges grants you coins. The number of coins that accumulate over time will let you track your progress in the game. As you click Daily Challenges in the game, the coin progress bar will be revealed at the bottom of the screen.
How can I turn off the Daily Challenges in Microsoft Solitaire?
To turn off the Daily Challenges, open Settings, select System and choose Notifications & actions. Lastly, select the free cell and toggle the app notifications to “off”.
Where is the difficulty level changed in Microsoft Solitaire?
Turn off remember deck difficulty in the game options. After doing so, you will be prompted to choose a difficulty every time before playing the game.
How can I collect stars in Solitaire Cash?
Play the Solitaire Cash game until level 180. Reaching that level will activate the Star Bonus feature. Proceed to play the game like normal to collect Gold Stars. Upon attaining a Gold Star, your progress in the meter is updated. Finally, fill the meter to collect your reward!
How many difficulty settings are there in Microsoft Solitaire?
There are four difficulty settings in Microsoft Solitaire. They include Easy, Medium, Hard and Expert.
Tips And Tricks
- Complete the Microsoft Solitaire Daily Challenges to earn a bronze, silver, gold or diamond badge. These badges are issued at the end of the month as part of the game’s reward system.
- Read the rules of Microsoft Solitaire to master how to set up the decks into foundations, tableau, talon and stock. This is the most important strategy to win the game.
- To increase your chances of winning, draw a card from the deck as your first move. The main objective of the game is to reveal as many cards as possible. After that, the cards can be stacked. Therefore, drawing a card in your first move is beneficial in the long run.
- While searching for hidden cards, you should expose the columns with large stacks first. By doing so, you could optimize your chances of revealing useful cards that can be utilized to construct revealed piles.
- Move as quickly as possible if you are playing timed Solitaire. Rapid movement can help you claim victory over a player that has already built foundation piles even if yours are incomplete. In Microsoft Solitaire, speed is one of the divisive factors.