Google Pixel users often experience a text message sending problem characterized by a notification that says Sprint Error 104. The error makes it impossible to send a text message to one, several or all of the contacts on the phones. It’s worth pointing out that the error affects not only devices registered to the Sprint network but also those that are unlocked. Needless to say, when people notice that they can’t send message with Sprint Error 104, most feel frustrated.
Phones Not Sending Message With Sprint Error 104: Suggestions
There are numerous solutions to help your smartphone send text messages successfully. We have explained them below:
If you can’t send message with Sprint Error 104, you may want to power cycle your device.
- Step 1: Press on the Power button and hold it.
- Step 2: Click on Power off.
If the smartphone is not responsive:
- Step 1: Press on the Power button and keep it held for 10 seconds, then release.
- Step 2: Wait for some seconds for the Google Pixel to reboot.
After your device has powered back on, send out a test message and see whether it reaches its recipient.
Turn Off Wi-Fi
Sending a text message while the Wi-Fi is on could result in an issue where Google Pixel can’t send message with Sprint Error 104. As such, it’s wise to turn off the Wi-Fi connection using the following procedure:
- Step 1: Go to Settings.
- Step 2: Switch off the Wi-Fi connection by toggling its slider.
- Step 3: Launch the Message application then see how things turn out when you send out a text.
Edit Contacts And Categorize Them As Mobile
You notice that your Google Pixel can’t send message with Sprint Error 104 whenever you text a particular contact? Then there is a chance that the contact is saved either as a Fax or as a Landline number. Here is how to save the number as mobile for smooth text messaging:
- Step 1: Go into Contacts
- Step 2: Locate the contact that you have a hard time texting
- Step 3: Tap the contact, select Edit then select the label of the contact
- Step 4: Scroll down and select Mobile.
- Step 6: Save the change and exit the Contacts menu.
- Step 7: Restart your Google Pixel.
Once your smart device is on again, activate the Messaging application and try to send a text to the contact which has just been edited.
Enable The Only Send SMS And MMS Messages Option
Your smartphone can try to deliver text messages through the RCS media which utilizes an Internet connection. In such a case, the text may not be delivered successfully and Sprint Error 104 is a potential consequence. Setting your Google Pixel to send messages only through SMS and MMS media can address the error in most of the cases.
- Step 1: Launch the Message application.
- Step 2: Open up your conversation with the contact that is not getting your texts.
- Step 3: Look to the top right corner and tap on the Action Menu (three dots).
- Step 4: Tap Details.
- Step 5: Toggle the switch that enables Only send SMS and MMS Messages.
Update Data Profile
When your Google Pixel smartphone is tethered to the Sprint network, its data profile can get corrupted. As a result, text messages will not be delivered successfully. To solve this, the data profile needs to be updated using the following procedure:
- Step 1: Start up the Settings section of your smartphone.
- Step 2: Scroll down until About phone comes up and tap on this option.
- Step 3: In the emergent menu, click System and then select Update Profile.
- Step 4: Having done that, restart your smart device.
- Step 5: Once the device is back online, try to send the text message again.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does a Google Pixel smartphone continue charging after it is at 100%?
This smartphone stops charging after its battery is full. It proceeds to use only the power delivered through the charger to continue operating. This feature is built into every Google Pixel smartphone.
What is the Screen Attention feature used for?
With Screen Attention, your Google Pixel uses the front facing camera to identify if you are actually looking at the display so that it does not lock. Otherwise, the screen will time out as usual.
Can the Dark Mode in your Google Pixel increase battery life?
Yes. Dark Mode is a theme in your smartphone which darkens the menus, buttons and notifications. It reduces power consumption for longer battery life.
How does the Google Pixel protect your eyes?
This smart device is equipped with a feature known as Night Light which reduces the production of blue light from the display’s screen to reduce eye strain during use.
Which is the ideal protector for the Google Pixel smart device?
Available in various colors, the Official Google Case provides multiple layers of protection for your device. It also has dual-layer construction which absorbs shocks and raised edges which protect the screen. It is also environmentally friendly because the accessory’s inner layer is manufactured using 75% recycled plastic while the rest of the layers are made of 30% post-consumer recycled materials.
Tips And Tricks
- Owners of the Google Pixel can activate the camera quicker by activating the Power button double-click function. This facility can be enabled by navigating to Settings and accessing the System option. From there, access the Gestures and activate Jump to Camera.
- The Google Assistant can be activated by simply squeezing this smartphone. To activate this gesture controller, navigate to Settings and then open up the System option. From there, visit Gestures and then activate Active Edge. Here, adjust the squeeze sensitivity. This feature enables owners to activate Google Assistant while the smart device is off.
- Use the Call Screen facility to answer phone calls on your behalf. When enabled, it answers phone calls placed to your number and prints out the conversation between Google Assistant and the caller in real time. To activate this facility, open up the Phone App and tap on the three dots to open up a menu. From there, navigate to Settings and then Spam and Call Screen. Proceed to Call Screen and activate this feature.
- Use the Portrait setting of your camera to take perfect professional pictures of people or objects. This setting blurs out the background of the subject resulting in a clear picture.
- The Night Sight feature helps owners to take excellent photos in dark conditions. It lights up the subject without activating the flash. To use it, activate the camera and then swipe over to Night Sight mode and then shoot your picture. When taking a photo in this mode, press the shutter and then wait for a few seconds for the photo to process successfully.