If you notice Borderlands crashing, corruption in the local save is number one suspect and to resolve that, you need to reinstall the game. Other solutions include deleting your user profile, updating the game, restarting your console, using compatible external hard drives, and repairing your console. To resume playing, read to the end to learn what must be done.
What Make The Game Crashes
Local Save Has Become Corrupted
Corrupted local save makes the game have a random crash. The corrupt save could be due to an unexpected power outage while the game was on or due to other software issues of the Xbox. The answer to this is uninstalling and reinstalling the game.
Faulty external attachments like hard drives and USB sticks can cause an overload in the CPU. This will make your console lag and even crash the game. Thus, once it comes to Borderlands crashing Xbox One, you should add external hardware to your shortlist.
Corrupted Profile Data
If your profile is causing the crashing, it might be corrupted and there could be a need to solve this by removing the existing profile
Old versions of every game are prone to crashing and other bugs. When the game is too outdated, it randomly crashes and you will never enjoy the gaming experience. The bugs that plague previous versions tend to be addressed by the developers on the latest version.
Damaged consoles are the last thing to consider while gaming. It causes random crashes and booting up of games. That is why you should take a look at your console while troubleshooting Borderlands crashing Xbox One.
To fix a corrupt local save, you will have to uninstall and reinstall the game. To reinstall a game on Xbox one,
- Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
- Select My games & apps.
- Select Borderlands.
- Download the game and follow installation prompts
Delete Your User Profile
To solve a corrupt profile, you will have to remove the existing profile and re-add it back. To remove the profile from your console.
- Step 1: Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
- Step 2: Select Profile & system > Settings > Account > Remove accounts.
- Step 3: Select the account you want to remove, and then select Remove. To be on the safer side you have to clear all the present accounts.
Download The Profile Again
- Step 1: Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
- Step 2: Select Profile & system, select Add or switch, and then select Add new.
- Step 3: Enter the email address and password that you use to access your Microsoft account.
- Note: Ensure that you do not select “Get a new account” unless that’s what you want to do. If you select “Get a new account”, you will create a brand-new Microsoft account.
- Step 4: Follow the prompts as the console takes you through account setup steps such as privacy info, sign-in, and color preferences until you return to the Home screen.
Update The Game
To enjoy the gaming experience, always update your games from authentic sites and stores. To update Borderlands on Xbox one,
- Ensure your console is connected to the Internet, then press the Xbox button to open the guide and select Profile & system then Settings.
- Select System > Updates & downloads > Update console.
- If you see a grayed-out No console update available instead of Update console, it’s because you’re already up to date.
You can also set your console to automatically receive updates, this will make an update whenever the developers release them. To set automatic updates,
- Press the Xbox button to open the guide and select Profile & system (your account icon) > Settings.
- Select General > Power mode & startup. Make sure Power mode is set to Instant-on.
- Go back (press B on your controller) and select System > Updates & downloads. Check to Keep my console up to date.
Restarting is the perfect repair of almost every eclectic product. Restarting your console will close any other activity running in the background hence there will be a maximum operation of any other application opened after the restart. After you restart your Xbox One, re-sync your saved games to the cloud. Your saved games are automatically stored in the cloud while you’re connected to Xbox Live. To restart your console
- Press and hold the Xbox button in the center of your Xbox controller to open the Power Center.
- Select Restart console.
- Select Restart.
Use Compatible External Hard Drives
Always ensure that the external attachments are compatible with the model of your Xbox. To check if the hard drive is affecting the game, turn off the console and unplug all the hard drives and other cords attached to the device. Leave it for a few minutes and plug in the cords leaving out the hard drive. Turn on the console and check if the issue still appears. If the crashing has been solved then it will be advisable not to use the same hard drive but rather, use the one compatible with the series of your Xbox. Compatible models of hard drives are always on the manual of the Xbox one, you can also find them on the manufacturer’s website.
Repair Your Console
This should be the last option after you have exhausted the above options and there is no improvement. If you’ve registered your device, sign in at Device services to see the device’s warranty status. If it’s within warranty, repairs are free. However, always repair your console at a reputable service point.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does Borderlands 3 support cross-play?
Yes, Borderlands 3 is Cross-platform compatible between Xbox series X/S, MAC, PC, and stadia. However, it is not possible to cross-platform PS4 and PS5 because these PlayStations do not support this functionality at this time.
Can I play Borderlands 3 offline?
Yes, you can play Borderlands 3 offline without distractions from messages and popups. However, you should have a physical copy of the game. Playing offline also reduces the chances of crashing or booting up.
Can Xbox One overheat?
Yes, just like any other electronic device, the Xbox one can overheat due to long hours of continuous use in a poorly ventilated room. To avoid overheating, keep your console away from direct sunlight and also ensure that the vents are not blocked.
Can I upgrade the RAM of my Xbox?
Unfortunately, you cannot upgrade the RAM of Xbox one, its RAM and APU are soldered directly onto the motherboard making them unupgradable.
Tips And Tricks.
- Protect your console from overvoltage by using appropriate power cords
- Place your console on a flat surface with free air.
- After starting your console, leave it for about 3 minutes before proceeding to play.
- When taking a short break, always leave your device on standby mode