In layman’s terms, battery usage data shows all running activities and their respective battery consumption. Nowadays, almost every Android device on the market is able to display battery usage data. To keep an eye on things, many Android users take a look at the battery usage data from time to time. However, a number of Google Pixel phones have developed a problem: Battery usage data isn’t available.
Battery Usage Data Not Available: Possibilities
Compared to their contemporaries, Google Pixel phones give a good account in most of the cases. That being said, if you notice that battery usage data isn’t available on your Pixel, you should consider these suspects.
In case you don’t know, your Google Pixel phone battery degrades as time passes by which gives rise to issues. Usually, signs of degraded batteries include quick battery drain, slow charging and the unavailability of battery usage data.
Operating System (OS) in essence manages all activities on the phone. However, if the OS experiences issues, it’s natural for the phone to go haywire out of the blue. Your Pixel phone keeps telling you that battery usage data isn’t available? Then it’s strongly recommended that you give OS some thought.
How To Retrieve Battery Usage Data
Frustrated by the fact that your Google Pixel is not displaying battery usage data? In that case, you should try out the solutions down below
Rebooting the phone will solve any glitches that might be interfering with the normal operations of the Google Pixel battery health services.
Here is a simple reboot procedure for any Google Pixel device.
- Press and hold the Power buttons for almost 10 seconds.
- Wait until the Restart option pops.
- Tap the Restart option and wait till the phone powers on.
On many occasions, corrupted firmware impairs the performance of battery applications. Therefore, if the battery usage data isn’t available on your Google Pixel, it’s a good idea to consider updating your phone’s firmware.
That can be achieved in the following steps;
- Locate your phone’s Settings.
- Scroll to the bottom and select System.
- Tap on Advanced.
- Press System update.
- In the bottom right corner, select Check for Update
- Be patient and wait for a report. The report might come as either No update available or Update pending.
- To update, ensure you are connected to a stable internet, and the phone is over 50% charged.
- Reboot the phone and install the System once downloaded.
Uninstall Battery related updates.
Uninstall any battery applications updates that might be causing problems.
- Navigate to Settings and pick Apps
- Enable Show System Apps
- Select Battery and settings and hit advanced settings
- Uninstall any recent updates you have downloaded
This method eliminates any temporary errors in applications that might be causing a troubled system leading to battery usage data not being available.
- Go to Settings
- Locate App manager.
- Under App Manager, pick on the app you want to Clear cache. In this case, select Battery
- Once you’ve selected the app, select App info
- Tap the Clear cache option
Alternatively, you can choose to clear the entire cache on your Google Pixel phone. You can do so by;
- Go to Settings > Storage
- Select on Clear all cached data to clear cache for all apps
Perform A Factory Reset
This method will always remain the “last resort ” when trying to solve any issue. Factory resetting the Google Pixel phone eliminates all problems but it wipes data as well so be careful.
(When the device is on)
- Head over to Settings.
- Select System and Reset options.
- Continue and select Erase all data(Factory reset) and then Reset phone
- Enter phone PIN or Password to confirm.
- Conclude by tapping Erase everything to commence the factory reset process.
- Once done, Reboot the phone.
(When the device is off)
- Press the Power button until the phone shuts down completely.
- Move on to pressing and holding the Power + Volume up buttons until a bootloader appears.
- Choose Recovery mode.
- Using the Volume up button, scroll down to Wipe data/Factory reset.
- Tap Factory reset.
- Once the process is done, tap the Reboot now option.
Remember to back up your data before performing a factory reset/
Missing battery usage data and other underlying issues such as slow charging and quick draining often happen to degraded batteries. Worn and old batteries cannot be repaired. Replacing remains the solid solution once you’ve tried almost all solutions.
Note; To ensure that your Google Pixel phone runs smoothly with the new battery, visit trusted dealers.
Why is battery usage data vital?
Data presented in graphs battery life and percentage helps users keep track of activities with the amount of power consumed. This information helps with the regulation of activities that might drain the battery quickly.
Is battery optimization important?
Battery optimization is a tool that activates once your phone is in a sleep state. The tool curtails the operation of apps in the background which save the battery of your device on standby.
What is the replacement interval for Google Pixel batteries?
Following around two hundred charge cycles, most Google Pixel batteries start degrading. Still, feel free to replace the battery whenever you feel that it no longer keeps up with your demands.
Tips And Tricks
Avoid using third-party battery apps
There are more than enough battery apps out there that claim to have the ability to regulate the battery’s life. However, some of them are real “killers” you need to avoid. Most of these apps affect other apps that generally undermine the System’s operation. Using third-party battery apps might be a worthy cause to why Battery usage data isn’t available on your Google Pixel phone.
Change the charging habit
Charging habits may create issues with your Battery. For instance, overcharging damages the battery and shortens its longevity. Hence, it’s wise to change the charging habit to get the most out of your battery.