Nowadays, by taking advantage of the Xbox app, Windows users could install many games in a matter of moments. In most of the cases, people only need to go to open the Xbox app, look for the game they like and install it. That being said, a number of issues could complicate the process and the administrator approval required for installation error is a prime example. Read to the end if the same error gives you a hard time and you wish to deal with it at once.
“Administrator Approval Required For Installation”: Solutions
Run Xbox As Administrator
The administrator approval required for installation error means that you cannot install the game on your own and must gain the approval from the administrator. Thus, if you run Xbox as administrator, you could dismiss the error with relative ease.
- Step 1: Press Windows + R to open Run, type shell:AppsFolder and press Enter.
- Step 2: Locate Xbox and pin it to the Taskbar.
- Step 3: Hold Ctrl + Shift then click Xbox in the Taskbar to run it with administrator privileges.
- Step 4: Install the game you want like normal.
Reset Microsoft Store Cache
Similar to everything else in Windows, Microsoft Store relies on its cache to facilitate quite a few operations. Needless to say, if the cache runs into issues, the performance of Microsoft Store is going to suffer. Need a solution for the administrator approval required for installation error? In that case, you should consider resetting Microsoft Store cache.
- Step 1: Go to the Search bar, type wsreset, right-click the top entry and select Run as administrator.
- Step 2: When the User Account Control prompt appears, click Yes
- Step 3: Wait for the computer to wrap up the resetting the Store cache. Microsoft Store will open automatically as soon as the process concludes.
- Step 4: Install the game of your choice again.
Note: Sometimes, the method above is not enough to clear Microsoft Store cache for good. In that case, you have to use a more advanced technique to take care of the cache.
- Step 1: Press Windows + R to open Run, type %localappdata%\\Packages\\Microsoft.WindowsStore_8wekyb3d8bbwe\\LocalState in the dialog box and hit Enter.
- Step 2: Look for the Cache folder in the new window, right-click it, select Rename and name the folder as Cache.old. Unable to find the Cache folder? Don’t worry and keep on reading.
- Step 3: Right-click an empty space, choose New and select Folder. You have to name the new folder as Cache
- Step 4: Close the window, press Windows + I to open Settings and search for Troubleshoot
- Step 5: Open Troubleshoot settings, hit Additional troubleshooters and hit the one for Windows Store App.
- Step 6: Run a scan.
Frequently Asked Questions
Should I worry about the guest OS if I update Windows 10 while running both in dual boot?
No. Updating your Windows 10 operating system in dual boot will not affect the performance of the guest OS.
How long does it take to download an update for Windows 10?
The update time for this operating system depends on the quality of your Internet connection. A fast connection of 100 Mbps or more can result in a download time of fifteen minutes or less.
Can Windows 10 be updated directly from a USB flash drive?
Yes. If a user is having trouble downloading updates for their Windows 10 operating system, a USB flash drive can be used to manually update the computer.
How often should a user defragment their computer when running Windows 10?
A heavily used computer system should be defragmented at least once a month.
What is necessary for using this operating system to administer a network?
Before administering a network, you should install Active Directory Applications to administer the users and link them with the networking resources which they need.
Tips And Tricks
- A neat trick for privacy in Windows 10 is to hide a file or folder from view. To do so, right-click the file/folder, select Properties and tick the Hidden box in the Attributes section of the General tab.
- Users of Windows 10 can run two or more operating systems at the same time in one computer using a Virtual Machine such as Virtualbox. By making use of Virtualbox, people can run Windows 10 for home or education purposes and a separate operating system for working purposes.
- Windows 10 packs a built-in Virtual Private Network (VPN) that can be used for linking out to external networks through encrypted connection. To use it, right-click the Start button then select Network Connections. At the Network & Internet section, pick VPN.
- It is possible to automate recurring tasks in Windows 10 to save time and effort. You only need to use Task Scheduler to run chosen programs and complete tasks based on predetermined time intervals. Task Schedule can even display messages and alerts to tell you of the tasks that have been completed.
You recently deleted an item and like to get it back? Then Command Prompt could help you out. Open Command Prompt, type chkdsk “X”: /f” with “X” represents the letter of your hard drive and hit Enter. Next, type “ATTRIB -H -R -S /S /D X:*.*” and hit Enter again. Wait for the process to be completed and you should be able to view a list of recently deleted items.